Finding the right house that meets your budget and requirements is akin to finding a needle in a haystack. Once you’ve found the right house, the next step is to transform the house into a home and this is another important yet costly part of homeownership – furnishing your new house.
If you have a tight budget, owning a stylish home may seem impossible, let alone hiring an expensive interior designer. However, there are a few tips that you can follow if you do not wish to deplete your savings on furnishings or if you simply do not have the wherewithal. Try some of these cost-savings tips:
- Make a list and set a budget. Your list of needed furnishings and budget will show you how much money is needed. Stick to the budget and do not make impulse purchases or go overboard with the purchases.
- Compare prices. Before you part with your money, do some comparison by trawling online sites for the best deals.
- Buy Secondhand. Some used household furnishings and antiques are made of high quality wood and materials and are more lasting than anything new you can buy from the store. A quick google will lead you to secondhand stores and sellers.
- Hand-me-downs. If you are on a tight budget, put away your pride and don’t refuse hand-me-downs from friends and relatives who are thinking of upgrading their furniture and are happy to let you have their old items FOC.
- Shop online. One way to save cost when buying home furniture and fittings is to shop online. Regular users of global online shopping websites believe there is a paradigm shift in the way people buy furniture now, as the convenience and attractive prices of armchair shopping have set off a new trend. Often, there are deals, promotions and cash back on furniture and household items sold online. Even after factoring in the shipping fees, the total price is still cheaper than buying it from a local furniture store.
To make your online furniture shopping a smooth transaction, getting a reliable shipping company is important as the shipper will be the one ensuring that the furniture will be shipped to your home in one piece at a reasonable time frame. You can search for furniture shipping companies at Shiply, an online platform that connects people to reliable movers and shippers. As it is a very competitive business, the furniture shipping companies offer you good service with competitive shipping fees. On Shiply, you simply have to enter a few simple details about your furniture and hundreds of rated shipping companies will send you quotes, often up to 75% cheaper than usual. Next, you can compare rates for moving items and furnishings from the sellers and select the one that offers the best deals that meet your requirements.
Creating a cosy, stylish yet affordable home takes up a lot of your time and conscious effort. However, if you follow the above tips and stay focused, you will be pleased with the end results when you can furnish your home the way you want it without breaking the bank.